Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Loss of a friend

I got a call last night from Slave Lake my friend and ex mill manager Peter Meyer passed away yesterday. His wife found him when she came home after work. I worked with Peter for 10 years and he was very good to me. I think he was only about 47, a very young man. Peter was from GP (Wembley actually). His parents were very active at St. Joes church. It is very sad. When Lisa (his wife)called to tell me she said she wanted to let me know because he had so much respect for me. It is a loss. Peter loved to laugh and cared very deeply for his family and friends. He will be missed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous beth said...

Oh, Laura, I am so sorry for this news - I know how much you liked & respected Peter and having met him a couple of times, I thought he was such a nice man. I remember his parents - both very nice folks and hard workers for the church as well as for their family. So sad to lose someone that young and so vigorous.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

So sorry, Laura, it's had when someone who has been close to you dies suddenly.

5:51 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Laura, that is really sad. I am sorry that he died and at a young age.
Is his service going to be in Slave Lake?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It's shocking and sad. I'm sorry to hear it, Laura.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

How sad, when a friend dies it leaves a big hole.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Thanks guys. It is very sad. Lisa I think the funeral will be in Slave Lake not sure at this point.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Nick said...

The viewing will be Tuesday evening at 7 PM. The funeral will be at the Catholic Church in Slave Lake Wed Apr 27 at 1 PM

Nick

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home