Friday, October 29, 2010

Streets of Balmer

I didn't see much of Baltimore outside the conference and my hotel. I was a poster judge, a session convenor, and also gave a short presentation on which a number of nice people gave me positive feedback. I stayed in the hotel and worked on school stuff instead of traipsing around. It was strangely warm there -- probably about 20 degrees, with humidity (ugh). I had some wicked tamales and walked around Little Italy.

I try to be social at conference, but it wears me out a little. I met some very nice people with whom I was having a good conversation, and then I went and made a joke about buying some "souvenir Baltimore crack" (because of The Wire) and no one thought it was anywhere near as funny as I do.

11 hours to get home! I am still kind of wiped out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Allison, I know how you feel, it is wearing to be social. When we interview I am exhausted from being "on"

2:58 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

"and Baltimore crack'
Awkward silence.
Allison scuttles away and does not speak to anyone again.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Well, it was more like we all just focused on our lunch.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sociability is hard work.

12:01 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, by the time I am home, I don't feel like I can be sociable anymore.
As Richard has pointed out on occasion.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I second the "ugh" in regards to humidity

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home