Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Polish are coming!

There was some kind of big Polish sports event yesterday. There were yobs (or Polish version of yobs) on the El, hollering "POLSKA! POLSKA!"

We spent an enjoyable afternoon puttering around Ukrainian Village / Wicker Park. We each bought some footwear. I went to Quimby's Comics (a store I have long wanted to go to), and we drank $4 mojitos. Judith went back to hotel for a nap, and then I walked around more, window shopped, drank some microbrew, read comics. And then we went out to Morton's to eat steak. That felt very stereotypically Chicago. We people-watched to see how many "middle Americans" we could see there. Answer: many.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

When I first read this I thought the Polish were demanding jobs with accents. Then I realized it would have had to been Swedes for that pronunciation.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home