Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our friend Angelika died last Wednesday. She had been diagnosed with cancer in the spring, not long before Jude. Now her two kids, 22 and 16, are by themselves. The funeral is on Thursday, I am doing the picture powerpoint for it, so it feels even sadder to be scanning all these pictures from her life. She is going to be missed by a lot of people.
Even so, we had a good long weekend. It was really good to have Sam and Grace home, Tim was around too. The weather could not have been better. It feels like we are having our summer now. Got most of the fall yard work done and Geoff and the kids got a lot of painting, etc., done out at the cabin. And there was still a lot of time for relaxing.
Geoff still has not heard about his job. They are busy with the turnaround so until the weekend I hadn't been seeing much of him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

It was hot in Chicago, too -- 25 degrees. We got tans / slight burns.

I'm sorry to hear about Angelika. That is too young for those kids to lose their mom.

Theresa, did you guys get my cheque for Latitude? Is that all okay?

12:40 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

So sorry to hear of your friends death - its so sad when someone is young & leaves young folks behind. I'm sure you power point thing will turn out well
It is pretty nice here too, so have been soing yard work also - cut the grass today - that is a lot of grass - took me 3 hrs and am going to plant more bulbs tomorrow = lilies, tulips, daffodils & some others that I've never tried before, the folks across the street are still in Ont - do hope they're enjoying their holiday. The boys seem happy enough without them - they are such friendly cats - not like my one woman girl

6:04 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am so sorry to hear about Anjelika, it makes me feel even luckier about how well my stuff got resolved.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's for sure. Alice was also diagnosed at around the same time and she died a month ago.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I am sorry to hear about Anjelika. it is very sad about her kids.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home