Monday, August 16, 2010

My Outing for Today

When I told Grace that I tried to plan one outing a day during my recovery, she laughed at me, and told me it sounded like an old lady thing to say. Anyway today I walked over to Uncle George's bench and visited with him for awhile. His bench friend Terry showed up too, so I got to meet him as well. After I left there, I walked over to Aunty Kay's store, and had a nice visit with her and Evelyn. Evelyn used to work for Alberta Health, and after she retired she went to work at Del's. A very nice lady.

After that I walked downtown, and did a little shopping, so I must be feeling better. I was going to go to Chez Allison and Todd's, they were having someone come in to hang doors, and were not sure if it would be done before Al had to go to work. But I called Allison and she said the work was almost done, so no need to come over. After some lunch, I hopped on the train to come home and have my nap.

Grace and Leanna were here this weekend looking for a house for the coming school year, and were successful, so I am sure a very big load off of their minds. It is on the train line, so that makes it pretty convenient. Very easy guests to have, they were not here very much, and we had a nice visit with each other when they were here.

6 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

My, my - youdid have a busy day - must be having a fast recovery! Good for you.
Just talked to Jim & he is not able to go houseboating after all, so another one less. you had better be able to come Jude. So keep doing your old lady thing so you'll be in shape for it

7:39 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would have liked to have been a fly on that bench.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

That's too bad about Jim. We will miss him. Geoff and I would be glad to help with your meals, Mom.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I can help too.

Just so you know I am not keeping any secrets, I will give you the highlights of out bench talk. He said that he never used the belt on the cousins. I said the cousins had us scared to death that if we did something wrong we would get the belt. We talked about Dad, and how much we both missed him. And finally because he never had any sisters, he said he really does not understand girls, even with 3 daughters and a wife.

2:32 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Uncle George, I wish I could sit on the bench with you too!

5:56 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

thanks you guys - it does seem a bit much for one. You & Geo had a really nice tete-a-tete eh>

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home