Saturday, August 14, 2010

Houseboaters

OK, we preboard Monday evening.
Leave dock Tuesday and return Monday August 30th.
Monday we can't preboard until 8 pm'ish, so suggest going out for supper, yes? Either Sicamous or Salmon Arm
This leaves us with 6 days of cooking.
I heard from Rhonda-they are with Twin Anchors and leave Sunday and want to hook up. She will find a spot.
Tentative cooking/dishwashing schedule. (If you are cooking, then you do the dishes too) I also suggest everyone pick a day to drive the boat. Or your duo have a day to drive boat, but think day you are cooking will not work, so can figure it out as we go along. Just because having to drive all the time gets wearing. 1 day is good, more than that gets tiresome.
Please let me know if you want any changes to schedule. Judith gets the week off. Except that I think she can drive boat 1 day yes?
Tuesday Breakfast: Mom and Jim
Tuesday Supper: Grace and Jovita
Wednesday Breakfast: Lisa and Richard
Wednesday Supper: Theresa and Geoff
Thursday Breakfast: Laura and Allison
Thursday Supper: Will and Anne
Friday Breakfast: Mom and Jim (because Mom can't drive the boat, so she does another breakfast, plus she is breakfast queen, but we will do dishes, Jim is along for ride)
Friday Supper: Lisa and Richard
Saturday Breakfast: Will and Anne
Saturday Supper: Mom and Jim
Sunday Breakfast: Grace and Jovita
Sunday Supper: Laura and Allison
Monday Breakfast: Theresa and Geoff

Anything that anyone hates to eat or can't eat? I know zucchini and green peppers are on the list.

Does this seem fair?
Sleeping-Judith should be somewhere level, so main floor? Mom too.
Richard and I are happy below deck or up top.
Earplugs, from past experience = good idea for better sleeping.
Bug spray, suntan lotion, bring baking sheet if needed, bedding, pillows, bath towels, beach towel, matches, deck chairs, flashlight need to be brought.

Plus bring coffee for your breakfast cooking day. It seems that we go through about a pound/breakfast. Mom or I will bring coffee grinder, so whole beans are OK.

Meeting up Monday-how Dutchman dairy again? What time do those from Alberta figure they will get in?
this week weather is hot, let us hope for more of same. Beginning of July it was rainy and cooler, so good we didn't go then!

Cost per person thus far is: $428, but gas will be added to this total.

Please answer questions in comment section.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Thank you Lisa for doing this. It sounds good. I think we will bring a tent, Grace and Jovita say they would be fine sleeping in it on the deck. Dutchman Dairy will be fine. As for arrival, I hear that traffic is slow west of Golden so we will probably leave earlyish. I think the Edmonton folks are coming on Saturday so we will be all packed on Sunday and can leave after breakfast Monday. We could keep in touch on the road by cell phone.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Also, good idea about boat driving.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am not too sure about the boat driving for me, in my don't list from the Dr. was driving (they did not specify driving what, but boats might fall into it). I am going to be with Grace and Jovita for the meals, they will supply the labor and I will supply the money.

Allison, I am sorry I got confused about the days, I thought it was Sunday not Monday for the boarding.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

ARe you still coming to Rocky on Sat.? Will was going to drive up to get you but has to come back Saturday because he is giving a presentation at church on Sunday.

7:54 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You're off the hook for boat driving too Jude! Does the Dr say you can sing karaoke and drink Mai Tai's?

9:38 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I did not ask, as she might say that is on the don't list too.

I believe we are still on track to leave here on Saturday. Two nights of Ferrey hospitality is better than one!!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home