Saturday, July 10, 2010

Where are Pictures of Mom's House?

Lisa, you said you would post today!!

I went to the market this morning, and bought fruit and vegetables, pyrogies and pecan tarts, my basket was very full when I was done.

This afternoon, I went to Mark and Holly's(Aunty Kay's nephew and wife) acreage for Tom Yelic's 70th birthday. Aunty Kay called yesterday and asked me if I wanted to go. I was not going to go but then I decided I should get out. I had a nice visit with Marylynne and Deanna, but most of the other people I did not know, or I met them when they were little kids (Mark and Shawna). I made myself talk to other people, who were all very nice. There were some friends of Shawna's from nursing school, some relatives of Hulda's from Manitoba, some relatives from Holly's family. I talked briefly to John and he said he and Elaine would try and stop by and see Mom on the way home. Kind of a funny day, it got cloudy and sunny and cloudy again, it spit rain for a couple of minutes. I also had a nice talk with Nate Carlson, he has gone back to school, Grant McEwen to get his teaching degree, he can do two years there and then transfer to U of A. He wants to teach Junior High Social and English. He said Jr high was where he got off track and thought it would be good to try and steer some kids that age in the right direction. I told him he was very brave, to want to teach kids that age. It was very nice to see Tom and Hulda again, I think the last time I saw them was at Uncle George's 80th birthday.

I also had a long talk with George, he said he heard about my "troubles". I said oh you mean the cancer? He said yes. So I said well once I have the surgery, maybe I will walk over and join you on your bench, if you don't mind. He said sure come on along, but that is if I can still make it, it is getting harder every day. Then a big sigh, and "How green was my valley". He makes me laugh.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

That is an excellent story!
I need to go visit them when I am in town.
Perhaps we could all visit them when in town-they would love that!
I am glad your troubles are not as troublesome as they could be Jude.
I like to think of you two sitting on the bench-pruning the shrub and feeding birds!

9:12 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Will post pictures today!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Judith you always make talking to strangers look easy. And friends and relatives.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

They would be thrilled with visitors.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm thinking of coming on Thursday. We could go for a visit on Friday. Or meet in Jude's hospital room. The nurse would have to ask us to keep it down like when Dad was in hospital.

11:22 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

How about Friday?

1:59 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Judith, I think that the week you are in teh hospital is when Henry will be back in Edmonton on his way back to Gagetown, I will verify and we will visit hospital or your place or uncle George's bench which ever.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

thanks Theresa, I wonder if that is a Gemini trait, feeling one way and looking another?

That would be great Laura, be very glad to see both of you. And of course Theresa and Lisa.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home