Sunday, April 25, 2010

April is a good month

Because it is my birthday and our anniversary.
And Easter this year.
We stayed at the Grand last night and went out for Italian. Richard had to work this morning, so we couldn't go far.
Next month we are going to Vancouver as I am going to a conference on concurrent disorders-mental illness and addiction. I am excited! We are both going- so Richard will amuse himself during the day while I confer. It's a 3 day one-so I also took off the rest of the week-so in a way is like a vacation. I am happy to learn, and find this area interesting. Conference is in the west end-at Coast hotel-right by Stanley park etc., so Richard should be able to find things to do. And the hotel will have HGTV if all else fails.
Richard has been helping Mom out lots with her yard to get ready to list. No wonder she always takes his side!
Now when you all come to visit-it will be a snap to see all of us.
Her new place has a creek running through the front yard. I have always wanted that-but am happy to have it across the street and now in the family.

15 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I am partial to May as a good month.
Be sure to let us know if Mom is going to need help packing and moving. I'm not sure I trust her to tell us.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

And happy anniversary. It can't be seventeen years, can it?

10:57 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Mom emailed me in response to my help offer and gratefully accepted, Theresa -- am quite sure your offer of help is welcome!

This June is good month because of birthday and me going to Washington DC.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What! Do you ever stay home? Are you going for work or fun?

4:29 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

This is Lisa writing as Mom.
How do feel about painting Mom's new accomodation?
With help from us, of course.
Yes, 17 years-amazing. I was talking with the tenants today and saying something about the horsechestnut-said somethign about it being 30 years old. Then thought, no, we moved into that place 16 years ago, it was at least 20 years old then....

7:21 PM  
Blogger Will said...

I can't believe you're coming to Vancouver as soon as I'm leaving!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It's for work -- an assessment workshop. But I intend to have some fun in there.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I've taken holidays the first week of July, so I will come to Kelowna and help with whatever.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would be happy to help with painting or whatever else is needed. I will wait to hear what is happening when so I can make arrangements.

3:33 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It's a drag that we will miss you Will. I can't believe the timing either.
But perhaps when you are back we will make a road trip there. After all we are in the same province for heaven's sake and we haven't been there to see you!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

For the love of Pete, Lisa!

6:20 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, I'll be!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hey Lisa, the conference sounds like something I'd be interested in too. Care to post a synopsis of the interesting bits when you return? (Homework!)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It is interesting that Lisa and Anne are interested in the same field, for different reasons.

11:26 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

yes, I am about the interacting part, Anne is about the research part!
I will post on my learning...

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home