Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Winner's Brain

My supervisor's book is out! I haven't got a chance to read it (but am pushing for a free copy for the lab!) but it is very interesting hearing about the ins and outs of book publication, the publicity you have to do, etc. He has done 30+ radio interviews in the last few weeks and apparently CTV will be doing a TV interview at some point. Here is a link to an interview in the Globe and Mail.

I'm just glad the darn book is finally written so now he can help me write up some of my stuff!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Scott said...

That is so interesting! I love the brain, I think I might take an intro neuroscience course as an elective at some point.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

My eyes are going. I first thought this post was called The Whiner's Brain.

12:36 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Could you remind me what your thesis is again?
People ask I can't explain-just mumble something about neuroscience. Similar to the 'Oh your sister works at IBM, what does she do?' 'Oh payroll systems and people using them.....doing training....she's not a computer tech....'

5:51 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Heh. Just say I'm in cognitive neuroscience and I study the interactions between attention and emotion. If they really want to know the details... okay, I typed out my whole spiel but now I feel like it's way too long for a comment. I will post it properly on the blog.

Scott - do it! There is nothing more interesting than the brain. Or just buy The Winner's Brain :)

Mom - Mark said they called him earlier than expected for that interview, when he was halfway to taking his kid to preschool. So he had to rush back, throw his kid in a room and do the phone interview, with a chorus of "Daddy? What are you doing, daddy?" in the background. So maybe it should be called The Whiner's Brain.

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home