Monday, October 26, 2009

Reading Week!

It's finally, gloriously, reading week. It feels like it came none too soon this sememster! I kicked off the break by going to Victoria for the weekend. My church there had invited me to come and preach on Sunday. After a whole summer preaching in Barkerville, I thought that I wouldn't be nervous, but it turns out that preaching to strangers with no expectations and preaching to people you know with high expectations are quite different. It went well though. At this point I'm pretty confident in what I have to say, but less so in my delivery. It seems that I spoke suffciently slowly, however, as several old ladies patted me on the hand and told me they could hear every word. No comments on the words they heard, of course, but at least they could hear.

I have big plans for reading week, but I'm not sure how realistic they will be. Still, as long as I get something done this week, and don't spend a whole week wasting time I should be ok. One of the nice things about Victoria is that I was staying with my friends Jeff and Kirsten, both of whom are in school. They had a bunch of homework this weekend, so I just brought along my own books. I think I got more reading done in Victoria than I would have in Vancouver.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Bah. No Fall reading week in stupid Ontario. Count thy blessings sir!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Is your church without a priest? Since Ralph jumped ship?

8:36 PM  
Blogger Will said...

They have a really good interim guy who was there the last time (before Ralph came). The interim (Jack) is the one that invited me to come and preach.

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home