Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I am a PANK

Professional Aunt No Kids. I finally have a status. There was an article in the Journal yesterday, that explained it all. It is someone who has no kids, but spoils her nieces and nephews. Pretty cool.

Not too much going on here, I visited George and Kay on the weekend, it was really nice to see them again. They had some of Nancy's pictures from India, which were very cool, some really beautiful ones of the Taj Mahal. Nancy has a new job, she is working with some figure skaters, to help them be more expressive and dramatic on the ice, maybe we will get to see her on TV at the Olympics. Deanna is back at work after her knee surgery. Everyone else is doing well too.

It was kind of a strange weekend, started out nice, but then we had rain, snow, a bit more sunshine, then lots of snow fell on Tuesday. today was nice so I hope it lasts. I would like to put some stuff in my pots on the weekend, then I will feel as though we are on the road to summer.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

PANKs are pretty cool for the nieces and nephews. There was no such thing in our day. Nobody spoiled anybody.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Theresa, do you remember when Fred lived with us, and one year on our birthdays he took the birthday girl out downtown and we got to buy anything we wanted as a present?

7:46 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

2 different people - 2 different memories, but it sounds like a bit of spoiling. not like modern day PANKS, but more than when my generation had.
Nice you had a good birthday Theresa - now its time for your kids to spoil you - that was really nice of Tim to take everyone out.
There was a little snow way up on the hills to the east this AM, but heard that parts of AB had a lot. Hope it warms up in GP when I'm there -can't decide what to take to wear - decisions, decisions

8:04 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I don't remember that, Jude. What did you get? Or maybe I do remember, was it Barbie stuff?

8:53 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I don't remember it either. But it is a cool idea. Judith you are the pankiest????

8:48 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I think I was around 8 or 9, and theresa got to go, I was so excited with my birthday coming up, I could hardly stand it. I think you did get Barbie stuff, Theresa.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home