Thursday, May 14, 2009

Greetings from the Big Nickel

I am in Sudbury right now, in my hotel room. I was invited to speak at a northern libraries conference on our human resources study. I left Tuesday night and got here 10am on Wednesday...that was a stupid arrangement. I spent most of yesterday sleeping off my fatigue, and getting room service. And fell asleep at 9pm.

Which meant that my presentation was not put together until 7am this morning. For my presentation time of 8:30am. Luckily, I have worked on this project for 6 years so it's pretty intuitive (not to mention I have about 50 other presentations with slides I could use). And it was a tiny group but they were super engaged and talkative and I really liked them. So my procrastinating was unduly rewarded.

Flight home at 1:30pm! I won't even get to see the big nickel.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

When do you go to Crete?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

A week from tomorrow. Eek! Passport needs to be valid 3 months after my return date, and it's good for 3 months and 5 days. Every source says 3 months

When I called the consul and the woman said, "Oh, six months." I said, "That's not what I saw on the government of Canada site and this site and that information," and she was like, "well, I don't know. Let me connect you to someone." I left a message and was never called back. Have slight paranoia that will be thrown in JAIL in Greece.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

i have seen the big nickel. It is probably not as exciting as Crete.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home