Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Relief to Me

I went to visit Dr. Pag yesterday for my annual check up, and we were talking about retirement, I told him my plan for retirement was to leave my current job, and look for something in the non profit sector. And then I said to him, but you can't retire, because I can't get used to a new dentist. He told me he had no plans to retire, and then told me about the new guy in his office, that retired after 42 years, and now works 2 or 3 days a week. I said that sounded like a great plan and he agreed. My worries are over. He better not let me down now. We were talking about his kids, one is taking her masters in pschology at the U of A, and his son is a furniture designer downtown, he had been living in Europe, but came back. He also remembered Theresa and asked how Anne is doing. I love Dr Pag.

The week went by pretty quickly, lots of stuff to do. There are a lot of people at work who are wearing sandals or barelegs to work. I think it is still a bit early for that, when I can still see snow on parts of the leg grounds. On Wednesday it is supposed to be 19 degrees here, then on Thursday 3.

I was just looking at the Air Canada website, and they have flights from around 750 return to Edinburgh, they are direct from Edmonton to London, then London Edinburgh and vice versa. I could not remember the dates that were good for you Lisa, so I picked leaving on November 7 and returning on November 21. I think I would like to book, so let me know when you have holidays again Lisa.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Awesome! I love Dr. Pag too. Say hi for me.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I miss Dr. Pag, he is the best dentist ever. We might have to go back to him, no good dentists here.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

We talked about you too Laura, he could not believe that Henry was 18 already.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

My dentist here used to comment that someone took a lot of care with my teeth in the past. Good old Dr. Pag.

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home