Saturday, March 14, 2009

Going to Kelowna

I was waffling over going to Kelowna for Easter, I finally called Mom to make sure that there were going to be people around. She said that Jim is planning on coming the week before, and then Sandi will fly down on the weekend, because of a wedding in Oliver, so not only will I get to see the Kelowna people but the Fort St John people too. with Jim at Mom's i asked Lisa and Richard if I would be able to stay with them, Lisa wrote back and said yes, so I am excited to see their new house (and of course them too).

We had a social event at work on Wednesday. Well not at work, it was held at the Metro, which is right next to Latitude. I was not feeling all that social, but as a consultant on the team, thought I better show up. The weather had improved, so I took the opportunity to walk from the Terrace Building, which used up some time. Then I thought, I will just stop by the gallery and say hi to Todd. Spent a few minutes talking with Todd, then over to the party. The food was pretty good, lots of appies, spent about an hour chitchatting then left. The next day I heard there were some people who had a few too many shooters, so were not feeling so great on Thursday. That is the reason I don't like to drink at work functions, bad enough to hang out with people you don't really know and don't really want to see outside of work, but doing something stupid when drinking too much would really be horrible.

There looks like some good people going to Calgary Folk fest, (Justin Rutledge and Tom Wilson) anyone interested in going this year? The Edmonton one also has some good people too, Kathleen Edwards, Fred Eaglesmith and Loudon Wainwright will be there.

While I was downtown today, I ran into someone I knew, which always kind of surprises me. It was a woman I work with at the project (actually someone that I like and would not mind seeing outside of work). I had been at a meeting on Thursday with some of her colleagues from the government. She said that one of the people there, told her that I had done a great job at the meeting, that I really seemed to know what I was talking about. Always nice to get good feedback from people.

Last week we had a Trivial Pursuit game, at lunch, each of the teams from the project played as a team. For awhile it looked like the tech team was going to wipe us, but in the end the HRMS Functional Team won. Jeanne (from Kansas) and I hit a lucky streak, if I did not know the answer she did, so we ended up winning at the end of the hour. All those years of playing TP paid off. The geography questions are a bit funny, you have to think what some of those african countries were called 20 years ago to answer some of the questions.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Schmoozing with Todd so you can just slip into working at Latitude when you retire? As a benefactor of the gallery, I'm not sure I agree with that.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I have to make sure I have all my bases covered.

8:31 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What I want to know is, why do all those people keep getting drunk at work functions? They don't seem to mind being stupid. This would lead us to think that also perhaps when they are not drinking that they are not-so-clever either. A few drinks is one thing, vomiting on your colleagues is another. Or sleeping with them.

11:09 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hey Judith, I stopped in at Latitude that day too -- I just missed you!

Anyone who has Judith's skills and who wants to work at L53 can schmooze all they want in my book.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Allison is also a benefactor, so I guess it's OK.
Jude, you sound like me, I think I don't like social events but kind of enjoy them when I am there.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home