Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Bread Garden just opened up next door (Bread Garden is a coffee shop that does food - panninis and the like). When I say next door, I mean literally thirty feet from my building. This is what living in the city is all about! It might be a problem though, given my love of coffee. I can see myself spending far too much there, especially on the weekends. Just today I've been three times- breakfast, lunch, and meeting a friend for coffee. Although, I did get my coffee at lunch free since it was the third time I'd been in today. And now I'm happily drinking my free coffee, and eating a butter chicken wrap, and waiting for a classmate to discuss the proposed Anglican Covenant. Does life get any better?

They had an open house at school this week - they put prospective students up in the hotel, and showed off the school to them. There were a couple free meals, so I agreed to go along as a current student, and tell everyone how much I like VST. One of the visitors is a woman that I knew from the Cathedral in Victoria.

It was minus four and snowed this week. You all can complain about how cold it is, but at least it's supposed to be like that. I moved here for spring in February, dang it, not snow in March.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

When I worked in Vancouver, there was a Bread Garden a block away from the apartment, so I had breakfast there every morning, I loved their muffins.

5:06 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

When Grandpa was in VGH, I stayed at hotel on Broadway near a bread garden and bought my supper there almost every nite - they had lots of things that were pureeable and I loved them - very tasty

5:31 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I do like the Bread Garden. I was thinking of when Dad was in hospital too Mom! I believe they had good bread pudding. Pudding is among my favourite food groups.

6:20 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Will, it's been too long since you've posted. I enjoy them.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I remember the Bread Garden by the hospital. It was a really good spot, the food tasted fresh.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home