Monday, March 02, 2009

Always in someone's shadow

I told this story to Auntie Jude and she said I HAD to post it, so here it is.
In English we are just starting to get into our first research paper, so we have had a few classes devoted to teaching us how to cite and such. My prof was telling us that we were going to look at a student's actual essay from last March as an example of how to do it. I was thinking it would be funny if it was Sam's, because he had the same prof last year. Sure enough, she opens it up and there is Sam Ferrey written all over it. You know, I would expect this sort of thing in high school where there are such a limited number of papers to use as examples, but not so much at here in the university, where the population of Rocky could fit several times. I just had to shake my head. Anyway, we found a small error in the works cited page, and she said he should have failed. I laughed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad to see some form of a post coming from you, Grace!

That's too funny!! I love it when things like that happen!
Works cited lists... that's how they get'cha!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

She picked the worst part of the paper to show. I got 97% overall on that one.

She always was fond of my work. She kept another paper as well.

11:05 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Sam, you are a scholar

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home