Thursday, March 12, 2009

Will This Cursed Winter Ever End?

It was -20 or something like that last night. we walked down for a coffee and it was cold. I guess it is sunny, but spring where are you?
Our trip to Nakusp was good. We couldn't stay at the usual motel and this other one had poor quality beds, but otherwise it was good. It was cold, so the hotsprings are even better. We went to the usual spot for supper and I had mushroom schnitzel, and then to the usual for breakfast. We recognized people in there from our previous visits. Including this one guy who seems to sit in there all day reading atlases, I think they give him free coffee as he doesn't look like he pays (or could afford to). I think that Theresa and Geoff should move there.
I did a ton of research for my nursing practice committee. Thank you UBC library for keeping me on, I can access their articles from home. Sssshhhh, don't tell them, I'm sure they'd boot me off. I read through at least 45 articles and found many more. I still have to finish this freaking mental health course-it hangs over my head like a dark cloud. I like doing research at least, plus manager is paying us for time spent! How can I translate this into a Master's degree being paid for?

10 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

One of Heather's kids moved to Nakusp. They just decided they wanted to live there instead of Red Deer. They seem to like it. Why do you think we would? Our love of atlases?

7:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Also I could hear Dad's voice in the phrase "poor quality beds."

8:15 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Plus...
You poor babies. -20°. TRY -40°! WITH A WINDCHILL!

8:17 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Or did we come to mind when you saw the guy in the coffee shop who didn't look like he could afford coffee?

9:54 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

"Can I get the good guy price on this coffee?"

5:02 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think she means you guys should move there because then we can all come visit and stay in hot springs for days on end.

8:28 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Of course she's looking for free room and board - trust Lisa "Shakespeare" Wensink
(referring to cursed winter)

5:33 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Actually , it just seems like your guys' type of town. Small, hot baths, coffee, people hanging out in coffee shops. But not pretentious people. And it feels plenty cold here, as Will noted, it's supposed to be warmer here. that's why we live here.
And free accomodation would be nice in Nakusp.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Heather also says we should move to Nakusp, then we could be foster grandparents to her grandkids. That is very tempting, Heather has the best grandkids. I guess if we weren't busy with the kids we might have time for guests.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

It is always nice to know where in the pecking order everyone stands. So if you moved to Nakusp, we would have to make sure that you had time to spend with us, on the other hand if you had no time but did have a spare bed that would work out well too.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home