Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Opa!

We are having Greek food for New Year's Eve dinner. Lisa is cooking it, and Richard is going to get Mom to hang out. We are going to celebrate her birthday tomorrow (conveniently, when she is cooking prime rib...and making a cake!). And my friend Annie arrives tomorrow for a night, before she flies to Montreal from Kelowna airport. And then to Mexico!

New Year's Eve always makes me feel melancholy. I've been moping around the house today but went for a walk and that helped. We're going to light a fire in the fireplace, and stay up til 2am to try & see the deer that sleep in Lisa & Richard's yard.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

How can you be melancholy when you have such awesome nephews?

5:01 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We have signs of deer bedding down in our yard too.
Do you feel melancholy because you are supposed to be having a wildly good time?
At Christmas dinner Geoff promised that if he doesn't retire in 2009 he will take everyone who was at the table to Mexico. Jude videotaped him saying it. And we all wrote down the date we think he will actually retire. Whoever gets the closest to the correct date will get a nice prize, yet to be determined.
Too bad you guys don't have the Ferrey Family Fun game to play, it would make your evening. We will bring it on our holiday in the summer.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

A good question, Will. I could use some spiritual guidance in this area. Is it unethical for you to advise before you have your degree?

I think it's partly that I'm supposed to be having a wildly good time, and partly that I think, "Who am I and what I am doing?" Even if you are Donald Trump, the answer to that is depressing (a greedy human being who makes others suffer for my own profit).

I'm probably a better human being than Donald Trump.

Dinner was delicious.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home