Thursday, June 05, 2008

Librarians Build

My birthday was excellent. One of the reasons was that I was part of the Habitat for Humanity - Women Build group that my friend Pam from work organized. I was both STRONG and a GOOD PLANNER. We had to carry bathtubs between houses (and get them down tricky tight staircases), install windows, and break up chunks of concrete to get ready for landscaping. Several times I was asked to "bring in the muscle" to pull out a window that THREE people at once couldn't get out....although I think it was more the spot I pulled from than my brute strength. The little church ladies who brought us hotdogs for lunch sang Happy Birthday to me, and gave me two kinds of cake.

It was a really satisfying day, and my muscles aren't even sore anymore!



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Do they supply the safety equipment?

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home