Monday, June 02, 2008

Hanging up my cleats

I just got home from my last Rebels rugby game ever. If we would have won we would go to provincials, but instead we got fairly slaughtered. I think the score was around 40-12, but we were just happy to get those two tries. Of course Jovita scored both of them. I was very close to getting one. I was across the try line and everything, but it doesn't count unless you touch the ball down in a controlled manner on the ground. There were so many people around me I just couldn't get it down. That was fairly disappointing. But there was a scrum at the five meter line because of that, and Jo scored her first one off of that. So I guess I did help.

There are only three weeks of school left! I am excited for it to be over, but I don't want it to be because that means exams. I have a lot of studying ahead of me.

I got confirmed on Sunday. That was neat. The bishop was really nice and everyone made a big deal out of it. A bigger deal than was necessary in my opinion. There was a big ham lunch after with ice cream cake, and the church gave me a new big Bible. For one morning, I was a superstar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Grace, you are ALWAYS a superstar to us. Although no one here is a bishop. Hurry up, Will!

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace
I am very sorry to have misswed getting back to Rocky for your Confirmation on last Sunday. Unfortunately Big Max just couldn't travel. She had been to Ian (her grandson)graduation from Univ. of Lethbridge on Thursday, and found it pretty exhausting, she was still walking with pain onSaturday. But I am glad to hear you were confirmed, and you were the only one, so it was special that your Bishop came up to Holy Trinity just for you.As you are special to God, and Holy Trinity!! So I think it was a Big Deal, and I missed it!!. Don't worry about your exams, you Ferrey Kids all do well in that field. We all admire you. I do hope to see you in September in Edmonton.Around the 18th-20th. So send me your Phone number when you get one up there.
Hi to Sam, sorry I missed seeing Tim, hi to him, Sam, and Mom & Dad.
love Auntie Barb

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home