Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rex Kwon Do

I did Code White training this week for work. (called in the hospital when there is a violent person) It is a 3 day course, involving learning how to defend yourself etc. Taught by a ex-cop who travels around BC doing this. He taught at the Vancouver police academy etc. And is like Rex from Napoleon Dynamite, in fact he said to one security guy taking the course, 'your shoe's untied'. And hit him in the head. I actually really liked him and the training.
Sarah and I spent a lot of time laughing in it, though I actually think I have some sort of post traumatic stress from it as I woke up last night in the middle of the night and thought about it. we did these scenarios and I think my skill is not in jumping into codes, rather, it is to intervene before they start. we'd be in the middle of something and I'd feel like i was freezing. I would make a poor cop. During one practical he grabbed my arm and i just looked at him blankly, he said 'what's wring with this?' I am like,'Huh, I don't know" Answer= I shouldn't be so close someone can grab me. Duh.
Plus, during one of the restraints, one of the security guys was holding me and my arm hurt and he didn't adjust! I told him like 3 times, now my arm, neck and shoulder hurts. And i have had an earache, (from before it started), so it is all uncomfortably making the left side of my body hurt. Bugger. I made a massage therapy appt for this afternoon. But have to plant all the lovely annuals we bought 1st!
There was this one security guy, Fran who is so dense. Mom thinks I'm being cruel, but seriously, this guy is supposed to be helping us when someone is being violent to nursing staff? We'd be doing stretches to warm up, Rex would say, 'Put your hand right by your face', Fran would have his hand above his head, Rex says 'By your face' Fran puts hand higher up, Rex says, 'by your face' Fran puts hand on top of head. We all say, 'by your face', Fran puts hand about 2 feet in front of face. Most of the time, I'd have to leave and get a glass of water, or look down at the floor or else I'd burst out laughing. And though I have an evil streak, the rest of the world doesn't need to know about it. Poor Fran. Sarah and i were like, 'what is wrong with this guy? Is he disabled in some way? Low IQ? WTF?'

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You have to make appointments with Richard now? Because he is professional?

4:09 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

And I suppose if he has a headache or injury he has to make an appointment with you.

8:30 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Actually if he is delusional or depressed he has to make an appt with me.
And i am booked heavily in advance

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home