Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's booked!

So, I have booked our houseboat!!!!!!
Dates are slightly different, due to availability, but I am hoping that will not make much difference. We preboard June 29th, so spend the night on the dock, getting on between 8 pm and 10 pm. And return July 6th.
Total cost (including everything) is $5335.06 = $444.59 pp/week (not including gas). If we have 12 people.
I put down the $750 deposit, but no need to send me money now. we can figure out all the money stuff when we sail.
I am excited already!
In other news, work is going well. I got approved to take the post RN mental health certificate course. It's distance ed, I have a year to complete it, and they pay for the whole shebang. Thank you nursing shortage. I sure am happy that I have a job where I am pleased to get up and go to work in the morning. (or night as the case may be)
Richard has finished his 1st week of school. With subsequent feelings of being overwhelmed and defeated. However, he had his 1st quiz yesterday and did well. In my head he is now saying, 'Lisa, you shouldn't tell people that. It really wasn't that good, and furthermore, it's the first quiz, and really I don't do well in school'. So, now you've heard both sides of the story. Nonetheless, I think he is a superstar for returning to school, taking sciences, which he never liked in high school, getting the leadership award in his 1st year, and succeeding! He is brave!
We went for a walk along the Mission Creek Greenway on Sunday and saw the salmon spawning. Weep, cycle of life. And saw these enormous birds. Thought, are those huge ravens or weird looking turkeys!? Nope, they were vultures! It was extremely interesting.
Diane, Richard's sister is coming for a visit at the end of the month'ish. I am afraid we will not be very good hosts with work and school, but I think she is good at amusing herself.
Also, I was called again for jury duty. This is the 3rd time. I end up missing a day of work, and will plead being sole income earner if i actually get to the point of being a potential juror. Though I think I would be very interested in being a juror. Too bad that I don't get paid unless i am in a position and not just relief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks for all your legwork on getting our next year's holiday all organised. I think a week will be great.
Were the vultures circling for salmon? Or did you and Richard slow your walking pace a bit and get their hopes up?
And I thought you were much more citizen-minded re jury duty. Doing your part for society.
And I also think Richard is too hard on himself.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home