Sunday, September 09, 2007

Houseboat again

OK, I sent out another email message about the houseboat. some have responded, others are derelict. Would y'all like 4 days or a week? And How many will be coming? I require numbers, so I know what size to book.
Our trip to Victoria and Nanaimo was v.g. We saw J pod orcas. A whole bunch, I think about 10 in total. Beautiful and amazing. I want to be a marine psychiatric nurse.
We had a tour of the church Will is working at. He greeted us with 2 bottles of wine in his hand. Apparently the staff were having their Christmas party, and Will was getting the alcohol.
we went out for supper with him 2X and walked along the seawall. Apparently my fear of heights is still with me. I couldn't deviate from the middle and when people were coming in the other direction, I kept thinking,'What is with these people, pushing me toward the edge?' And refused to give up the middle ground.
Our hotel was right on the inner harbour and Mom's room had a fantastic view.
We drove to Nanaimo and had a nice visit with Neil and Marilynne. They are really easy people to visit. Very welcoming.
we went to Coombs before we caught the ferry home. The store is most excellent. Full of things that are cheap and attractive. Among other things we bought a birdbath and vanilla from Mexico.
We were hoping to catch the 1040 ferry, saw that it was full on the roadsign. Got to the dock and found out that the 1250 ferry was full too. However, we did get on that one.
Today I hope to get out the scythe and get rid of some weeds. I'm taking a course tomorrow and Tuesday on Cognitive Therapy for Depression.
I like being a nurse. You get lots of education opportunities.

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I guess we are some of the derelict ones. We vote for a week, but if the majority only want 4 days, that's OK too. You can count Geoff, me, Grace for sure. Tim has said he would like to come too. Anne will be away.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I know that Christmas is a busy time for the church, but I am just wondering if this party is very early or very late?

Glad that you got to see whales this trip, so it would seem as though the whale jinx is Allison, since she was on both east coast trips, resulting in no whales seen.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

The kittens love me, the whales do not!

I vote for 7 days, and I'm okay with the smaller boat (like one we had this summer). It means our singing can be heard throughout.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I guess an iPod of whales are the musical ones.

11:34 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I have to say that was very clever Theresa. That is why our houseboat trips are excellent. Clever family members.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We may run into an ipod of whales when we are doing karaoke. I understand they are attracted to good music.

6:02 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

For some reason known only to the blog fairy, I can't seem to get on this by signing in and have to do it via comments! As Lisa mentioned we had a nice trip to the Island - it's always good to see Will, he's really a fun guy as well as a good cathedral guide - that is one beautiful church - Geoff you should see their stained glass. We also saw the Titanic exhibit at the museum - it was not the same one we saw in Halifax, toured the Leg which I had not seen since they redid it - also a truly great bulding. It was exciting to see the whales - 4th time lucky. You're right Jude Al must be the jinx - thought it was me. Am feeling well again thank goodness.
Grace - your pictures are good and thank you for the post cards - I love getting mail.
Whatever everyone decides about houseboating is good with me. Had an email from Fred saying that upon further reflection they won't be able to join us this year. Too many demands on everyone's funds this coming year.
Haven't decided about going to AB this fall - am waiting to hear when Jim is coming - Sept didn't work for him, but he said he should know this week, then I'll make up my yoyo mind.
The big excitement on my block is that we are part of a pilot project for auto waste mgement, so we all got 3 big wheel bins for garbage, recycle and yard waste. it is supposed to last for 13 weeks big stuff hey?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home