Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Beach

I am here at the hotel in Kauai and spent the day at the beach, reading my book, listening to my ipod, and generally relaxing. Life is good. I don't think the weather is any hotter here than in Calgary, with a nice breeze coming off of the ocean, it feels really pleasant.

The resort is lovely, with a couple of pools, a waterslide(Grace I thought of you when I saw it) and great rooms. My room has a kingsize bed, and a chaise for when I am feeling as though I have ennui. A small lanai completes the package. Last night when I was down for supper, the turndown service people came by, and left me a plate of brownies, they were yummy.

The hotel in Honolulu was great too, across the street from Waikiki and I had a great view of the ocean and beach from the lanai. It was however a long day of travel to get there. Flight was about an hour late leaving and made up some time, but still a bit late getting into Honolulu. Took a cab to the hotel, and it reminded me of a Dad car, it was circa 1980 (I think) an old station wagon, but at midnight, not much traffic, and so we zipped along. Sat next to a nice aussie girl on the plane, she was on vacation from Uni, and had spend a month in BC, Alberta and Washington.

The flight from Oahu to Kauai was only 37 minutes, but it was funny there was no assigned seating, so people started lining up early to get the best seat. I got a window seat (yeah) and so had a nice view for the whole trip.

And that is all the news from here, think I will go back out to a lounge chair by the pool and get some more relaxing in.

5 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Are you trying to make us jealous? If so you may have succeeded - glad that Hawaii is measuring up to the hype

8:47 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

"Ennui" always makes me think of that Edward Gorey Gashlycrumb Tinies comic -- the little kid who died of ennui. Don't die of ennui, Judith! You've got so much to live for!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

what is a lanai?

11:07 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Sounds like a tropical drink

8:50 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Isn't it a porch or balcony?

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home