Tuesday, July 31, 2007

At the Vancouver Airport

Well I don't know what I was thinking when I booked my tickets, I have an 8 hour layover in the Vancouver airport. Probably it was the cheapest flight. But I did get a pass to the Air Canada lounge so at least I have comfortable surroundings and I can eat and drink for free.

I had the best time at the FF, it must have been the company, last year was fun with Lisa, but it seems even better with more people. I have to say the highlight for me was Don Mclean, as he said, in 40 years of being in the business, this was the first time he was in Calgary, so not likely to come again and he is DON MCLEAN!! The Ferrey sisters are very good to travel and hang around with. We went shopping for some stuff for Grace's trip to Germany, and Grace bought a bunch of stuff, not the least was 2 new pair of shoes, slowly I am converting her to our shoe cult.

As usual I bought a bunch of CD's, and downloaded all to my Ipod, so Allison if you want to borrow any they are on the dining room table. Calgary was very, very hot, but the site had a lot of shade places, at all the stages, so that made it bearable. The headline in the paper said it was the hottest July since 1960. Grace and I took a break on Sunday, and came back to the hotel and had a swim, it was so refreshing, then after the FF was over on Sunday night, we headed back to the pool and had another dip.

I can't wait for the Edmonton FF, it will be even more fun, cause more people will be there to share with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Jude, have a great trip. All that sun in Calgary was to prepare you for your holiday.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home