Monday, May 28, 2007

Shrimpcatcher

I was walking back to the office on Thursday morning, and who do I see? The shrimpcatcher (AKA Ken Herbert). He was going back to work after being at the dentist. He is working at the Royal Alec, doing project work related to the new building they are doing there, says he really likes it, same money and no supervision!! His youngest son is going to the U of A in the fall. Theresa and Geoff, he says you need to organize a get together.

My DNA kit came, have not scaped my cheek yet, will do that this week. According to the literature, females can only have their mitochondrial DNA tested, but males can have either. So I think that Jim needs to get his done so we can see where Dad started out. I will bring the DVD to the houseboat, so eveyone can see what the project is about.

The long weekend in Rocky was fun, Geoff, Theresa and I went to a couple of greenhouses, so I came home with some new plants for the balcony. Last week I took them in at night, because it was not all that warm at night, but I believe this week I will plant, the long range is for warm weather all this week, except today.

Took a trip to the Farmers market downtown on Saturday, and picked up a few more plants. but will probably have to get a few more once I plant and see what kind of room is left in the pots.

It sure was good to read about the trip Lisa, it sounds like you had a great time. congratulations on your new job for the summer. That must feel wonderful. Looking forward to being in Kelowna for the commmencement.

Anne and Allison and I were talking and think that this would be a good place to share authors and books. So I have one that I want to post, here name is Louise Penny, and the series is set in Quebec, with Insp Armand Gamache, and the series is called the Three Pine Series, so far only two books, but well worth reading. For people in Edmonton, the Library has both of them.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Ken never seems to look different. We haven't seen him since Dad's funeral.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I am very excited about this DNA project! What a cool idea.

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home