Friday, May 18, 2007

many phone calls

So though we are 3000 miles from Kelowna, scheduling from the hospital has found me! Which is good actually, as I want the hours. However, having the phone ring in the middle of the night initially freaks me out. (the scheduling person doesn't start until 4pm Pacific time, and called me at 1am). Richard called the night before to tell me about the hours, but he didn't get the message from them until 930pm=130am Nfld time.

Also, I got the temporary .75 position posted for the summer! The manager from psychaitry also got a hold of me here to tell me this. he apologized for calling on my holidays, but I was quite happy to hear from him. I get benefits with the temp position which is great. I am a happy woman!

Allison also called last night at 1030 pm. To say that her flight from Ottawa had been delayed, so that she missed her connection to St. John's. So she won't get into Nfld. until 2 pm today. Which is perfectly fine for us as we were planning on travelling north a bit, and everything is close northerly, so leaving a bit later will work out fine for us all.

Mom and enjoyed the Rooms yesterday, and walked around downtown some more. It is such a beautiful city and people are very friendly, everyone says hello as they pass by on the street, well excpet on the main roads where you are passing people by all the time.

Also to note, potatoes are served with everything! Including French toast? And a lot of them. I must have gotten 1.5 lbs worth with my French toast this morning.

the houses are all painted different colours and are right beside the road, no front yard at all.

There are at least 4 large cathedral type churches here, but the Catholics win hands down for the biggest, though the Anglicans are a close 2nd.

Mom and I went for breakfast this morning, then went to the crafts co-op, where I got Richard a gift. Then for a walk along the harbour, which is pretty hilly. It is a good thing that Mom is in shape, though she is having a rest while I update this, while we wait for Allison to arrive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

wow, you are popular! Even going to the other side of the country doesn't allow an escape!

Glad you are having a good time... I am jealous as I'm dying to see NFLD.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Are you needing a translator or are people easy to understand?

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home