Sunday, December 10, 2006

basement

Things are finally starting to come along in my basement. The insurance guy came by last week to see what needed to be done, and what it would cost them. I have decided to only get them to rebuild the floor that they ripped out, and do nothing with the walls. The reasoning behind this is twofold. First of all that will leave the walls open so that I can do a bit of rewiring down there, and second, if they were to do it, they would be putting all the ugly old wallboard back up that they took down. So instead, I made a deal with one of my friends, who is a drywaller, to wire the addition in his shop, in exchange for the drywalling of my basement. This is good, because it means that we can kind of do it in our own sweet time, and make sure that i don't end up regretting anything. So I spent most of the weekend tearing out the wallboard that had been left up. It went well, and I discovered some old gun shells, and 1967 Canada centennial coins in the wall. Dad figures that they probably fell down from the roof, where he used to hide stuff. Pretty cool. Anyway, the builders are supposedly coming back this week to build the floor, so hopefully everything goes well.
I'll try to keep everyone posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Fell down from the roof? Tim, you should check it out, maybe your Dad left a fortune there, and that would pay for the some of the new basement.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home