Sunday, September 24, 2006

Czech Food

So, I had real Czech food last night. We went out to a tiny local restaurant down the street from the hostel for supper. I had garlic dumplings with chicken inside. Jesse ordered off the Czech menu, just picked out a food that he did not recognize any of the words in the name. It turned out to be some sort of fried pita thing with vegatables in. Our friend who we went with tried to order a side of potatoes, but they wouldn't let her unless she ordered a main dish. No one spoke English at all, and the next table was a bunch of big Czech workers, who were obviously regulars. It was awesome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I like those workers' type bars -- dirt cheap food [at first wrote 'dirty cheap,' how Freudian] and beer, and great atmosphere. I don't think I ever ate much Czech food -- I remember going for a lot of vegetarian Indian food and went to a few expatriate places to eat NA-style breakfasts. Not very culturally immersive!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home