Thursday, September 21, 2006

Super Duper

Well done new assessment librarian. We should get together as a primary nursing skill/task/job is assessment. Do you think we could form a business?

I wish I would be in town for the tea, but unfortunately these things called School, Responsibility, and Money will force me to send my regrets.

Richard got 100% on his Anatomy and Physiology quiz! He'll be irritated that I put this in as he'll think, 'Now everyone thinks that I'll get good marks all the time, and I won't be able to' Trust me, I've lived with him 13.5 years, I know him. Still, I needed to put it up as I think it's great. He is rolling along with school and getting into the swing of things. For instance, coming home and doing homework all evening. He has a test next week in the course he dislikes-Musculoskeloetal Anatomy and Physiology. Ug, the name just wears me out. he is worried about this test as it is all full of awful names that need to be memorized, like greater trochanter and amphiarthrosis.

I worked last night. With my favorite co-workers, so it was good. I ahve to do an overnight Friday and have class that day, why did I say yes? Oh right, because they are *extremely* short staffed. I am recommending someone in my nursing class for a job. Which the ED jumped at due to aforementioned short staffing issue. I always feel a bit nervous about this, what if it doesn't work out? It's like setting up people on a blind date.

Our harm reduction political action project is moving along. It involoves alot of phone calls and networking. Which I am able to do, but I'd prefer if I had an expense account and could do this over 3 martini lunches. Maybe we could work this into our new business Allison.

I should be working on looking at an essay on looking at a relationship I had with someone and how I managed to engage with them, looking at all the aspects of relational capacity, ethical narrative etc. etc. Sounds terrible dull doesn't it? Actually, I like this kind of stuff, though Mom calls it navel gazing. I'm going to do it on a patient I had this semester. does this make you feel worried about having a student when you're in the hospital?

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Richard, we all know that you do exceptionally well to anything you put your mind to, so am not surprised about the 100%. But keep in mind, that we don't want to hear that you are down in the dumps because you only got 95%, (like your wife). And don't forget if you get really down in the dumps, there is always the miracle pill, Effexor.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home