Saturday, September 23, 2006

My first post

Mom said I have to post something, so here it is.
I had my first hockey practice today. It went well and was lots of fun. My coach seemed good. She is only a few years older than me, and she has played hockey for 13 years, 11 with boys and 2 with girls, so she knows lots of drills.

School is going well, except that I have a student teacher for math and chem. They also split up my english class because there were 38 kids in it, and all of my friends ended up in the other class with the better teacher. And also physics is hard. Besides that school is good.

I'm still working at the theatre. The heater in the lobby must not work though, because it is freezing in there. Today we opened the front door to let in heat because it was soo much warmer outside. I had to go back to work after practice, so I grabbed a touque and that kept me warm.
That is about it from my life, so mom, I hope you are happy.

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I'd like to hear some juicy details about teenage life. And why is there no heat in the theatre?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I remember when I worked at the Uptowne Cinema Centre -- also my first job. It was run by a man who was grumpy but who really was a good person, but an ineffectual boss. His mean wife and creepy son also worked there -- the wife (Ivy) was always crabby and his son (Tim) was always hitting on 18 year old women, although he was surely 45. Ick. I would have taken no heat in order to NOT work with them!

but I did get a lot of free popcorn.

3:17 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, they were a crabby family. I remember when I was younger, like 11 or 10 and I'd ask for a child's admission, and they's always look suspiciaously and ask the year and month I was born. It was like going through border customs

6:21 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Hi Grace -

Hockey already? Have you punched a
nyone out yet? Glad school is going well. When you're cold think of the money

7:13 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Hi Grace -

Hockey already? Have you punched a
nyone out yet? Glad school is going well. When you're cold think of the money

7:13 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I have only had one practice, that isn't quite enough time to punch anyone out. I will save that for when we play Stettler.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home