Thursday, September 21, 2006

Got it!

Hey everyone -- I got the internal secondment: I am the new Assessment Librarian til next August.

What do Assessment Librarians do all day? They assess services, etc. Are we really providing what we think we are? Could it be more convenient? Is it really want users want? I work with Director of Libraries in administration...I see what's going on throughout the system. It will be lots of data. Interesting! Really!

It's Hire a Mental Health Patient month!

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Holy cow! CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds sort of researchy to me, which can only be a good thing. Yay!

11:00 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Great news, Al - right up your alley explaining to others how they are doing stuff wrong, but leaving it to them to correct!
Anyway; am really happy for you

2:15 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I knew they would pick you. and no one deserves it more than you. Do you think you could work in a commentary on people's fashion selection, if you are pointing out where things are not quite right?

3:51 PM  
Blogger Stuffy said...

Yay! Good show!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Way to go, Al! At least I have Lisa to talk about when people ask me what my sisters do. A nurse everyone understands. Not so much a business analyst, an assessment librarian or even a hr manager.

8:44 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Ahhh, but just wait until you say I work in psychiatry. There will be a bit of a silence....then 'oh, but when will she decide to work in a real nursing job?'

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home