Sunday, September 17, 2006

Christian folk music and nursing narrative

I would have to say that people must have things to write. Your life can't be that dull. 13 people-get on with it those who have not contributed.
we went to 2 birthday events this weekend. One for a guy from Richard's work- I ate chicken quesadilla(Make yourself a dang quesadilla then) though I often hesitate to order this as it seems very Earl's circa 1995. Then another one tonight, this other guy from Richard's work- his wife's. It was much fun. we sat across from a Christian folk musician originally from Oregon, who has a very good sense of humour. Richard said that he had been stressed from starting school and the musician said 'I've discovered this new thing-it's called marijuana' very deadpan. I was laughing a lot. I ate gyros for supper-Greek restuarant.
I read this great article for school on how nurses should be communicating (or should I say...engaging) with their patients. I felt inspired, despite my dislike of the word engage. here's a quote:
'The knowledge that science generates about health and illness is useful as a map to show established routes: it is useless as maps in foretelling what the land will feel like, and as dangerous as maps because of the risk that a traveller will not look up to see the landscape. Knowledge can become a substitute for experience' (Gadow, 1995)
Aren't I just the ivory tower academic?
A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing in the hands of the wrong person.
And we went to a hockey game, Saturday night. Exhibition, and the Rockets lost miserably. I am always intrigued by what people wear to hockey games. Hockey jerseys and some face painting you'd expect. High heels I would not, yet there are a lot who wear them. And they look totally done up..hair and make up perfect. What's the point? It's an arena and a violent sport. Yet, here are people barely able to wobble their way up and down the stairs to their seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home