Monday, October 16, 2023

London/Manchester

Church in Bakewell


No longer a phone box, but a defibrillator station.



 London was good I enjoyed the shows. I went to the V&A and they had a three really good exhibits that interested me. One was about musicals, another called Divas and the third had clothing from various films and theatre. The place I was staying at was only a twenty minute walk from the V&A. Weather has been very warm, though it is cooling a bit now.

I took the train to Manchester, only a two hour trip and very enjoyable. I went to the Manchester Art Museum to see an exhibit about Haute Couture. Really good. Then yesterday atrip to the Peak District, which was the first national park in England, created in 1951. There were a lot cars parked along the road, and people hiking. Although the peaks cannot compare to the Rockies. The guide was very good, and I was very thankful I was not driving, narrow roads and some were only single lane. We drove by Chatsworth, the Duke of Devonshire's place, and stopped in a couple of towns, Castleton and Bakewell. Lovely old buildings. The last stop was Poole Caverns, where we had a tour of the cave. Really interesting.

I am not sure if it is just me, but I have found the GPS leads me astray, so I seem to end up where I do not want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home