Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A Visit to the Jello Boys of Blondeaux Crescent

 Westjet had a seat sale so I decided to visit Jim and Richard. Jim met me at the airport with a lei and wearing a tropical shirt, so it felt very much like I was on holiday, returning back to Hawaii. The weather was hot but not reaching 40 hot, so very bearable. 

Jim's garden is really good, he has more tomatoes than he knows what to do with, only 8 plants but they just keep producing fruit. The first night we had barbequed pork chops, with corn, potatoes from the garden, as well as salad with tomatoes and celery from the garden. Everything grows so well there. Richard also has a lot of tomatoes but not nearly the amount that Jim does. 

I did not do too much while I was there, Richard was working during the day and Jim had projects on the go, residing the a couple of walls around the master bedroom, making a floor, that he can put the shed on. Very busy. Jim did most of the cooking though I made a couple of suppers and we had takeout one evening. 

Sunday morning we went to a car boot sale, I bought some grapefruit marmalade and a lavender sachet, Richard got a couple of cd's and a postcard, and Jim just browsed. After that we went to city park and had a little walk around, there were some vendors so more stuff to look at. Monday Richard and I went to beach by the hospital, sat in the shade and read and chatted. I went in the water, but Richard did not.

Tuesday morning Jim made us breakfast and then Richard went to work and Jim drove me to the airport. Flight was on time, and the sky was clear around the mountains, so some really lovely views.

It was a good visit but as always I am happy to be home.

Bacon Buttie at the Boot sale

Jim's sunflowers

Looking towards Richard's House

One of the Jello Boys

View from the plane


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home