Monday, August 08, 2022

Another Folk Fest Over

 It was a different festival for me this year, only me and no tarp. Laura came on Thursday night, and we found a little spot in between tarps to put our chairs. We had a view of the stage, kind of in the distance but a really good view of the screen beside the stage. It was a bit of a wait for the cab after, William Prince, Kaleo and Nathaniel Rateliff and the Nightsweats were the performers and put on great shows, though they were all quite different.

I decided this year I would not be so hardcore, so no need to be there really early and get prime real estate on the hill. Friday night I went to Stage 2 and then left before main stage started. Mary Gauthier was there and I always enjoy her. I also heard a guy named Tre Burt who was great.

Saturday and Sunday were much the same, I picked out a couple of stages and just stayed there for a couple of sets. That way I saw people who I did not know but now like quite a bit. A woman named Kiely Connell from Nashville is a new favourite as well as a group called Bonny Light Horseman. I also got to see Mary Chapin Carpenter twice!! a real highlight for me.


Incognito with my mask, sunglasses and hat.
Mary Chapin Carpenter

Mary Chapin Carpenter and Kiely Connell

Bonny Light Horseman 

Bonny Light Horseman

On Saturday I was lined up to get some lunch and the guy in front of me in line bought mine!! What a kind thing to do. Sunday was blazing hot so every time there was a bit of a breeze, I was extremely thankful. I missed the headline acts for most of the weekend, but I can't say it upset me much because there was great music all day long. Matt Anderson had a great set on the main stage at 2:00, such a powerful voice. 

It has been good staying at Grace and Dallyn's, they are great hosts. On Sunday night I went to Sam and Nancy's for dinner and got all caught up with them. Nancy's trip sounded really good and Sam cooked a great meal. 

The next couple of days I am hanging out at the Bootsma's with Beau and then I will go to my appointment with Dr Kolinsky and see what's what with the immunotherapy. Supper with Allison tonight.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home