Thursday, October 19, 2023

Liverpool and The Lake District

I never noticed before the OPP crest on Paul's uniform


 Liverpool has a lot of Beatles stuff as you would expect. I did not plan very well as I got there on a Monday and lots of the museums were closed for the day, however the Beatles one was open, and I loved it!! It is hard think what a little amount of time they were together but what an impact they had.

Of  all the places I have been this trip I found Liverpool the easiest to navigate. Who knows why.

Castle Riggs Stones

Lots of these guys around

Most places had signs welcoming dogs, I would love to know what the unfortunate incidents were.


Then on Tuesday the trip out to the Lake District. Frank the tour guide was really good, he played some Beatrix Potter stories and a William Wordsworth poem. Similar to the Peak District there were lots of walkers around. and people with their dogs. Our first stop was Castle Riggs Stones. They are 5 thousand years older than Stonehenge, but a lot smaller, more like the stones on Mull. Frank says the way to se the Lake District is to walk, so atone point he dropped of anyone wanted to do a little walk of about a mile. So I did it. Lovely views. The last stop of the day was Ambleside, beside Lake Windermere and a nice walk beside the lake. It was a long day, we did not get back until 6:30. The roads there were very windy and twisty, and not very wide. I sure would not want to drive it myself.

I am back in Oxford, getting ready for my weekend with Lachlan while his parents jet off to Belfast. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam F said...

Strange about Paul's Canadian connection there. Keep up the posts!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home