Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Norwich

Oct 2 to 4
I really like Norwich, it is a mix of old and new, right in the centre of town is the Norwich Castle and Museum which was built by William the Conqueror and right next to that is a huge shopping mall built in the 2000's. Streets are cobbled and very narrow. I stopped at Marks and Spencer and bought some new tights. There are lots of little coffee and tea shops and a huge outdoor market that has been going on for hundreds of years, a lovely place to poke around in. The castle is quite modern inside, it houses an art galley and museum. there were a lot of displays about military and all the anglo saxon finds, when farmers were ploughing their fields. You can also see a the old walls in many places. I would like to come back and spend some more time in the area, maybe go out to the broads and to the North sea. I stayed at the Central Hotel, with one of the most comfortable beds. It was lovely. Out my window I could see the Wensum River, with swans and long boats gliding by.

I will catch my bus this afternoon to Stansted Airport, stay over night there with an early flight to Berlin. I feel excited and a little nervous all at the same time.

So happy to hear that Mom is back home with the first of her home nursing staff Laura.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Great updates. Mom is well, very perky she had a shower today and walked out on the patio.

6:12 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Have fun in Berlin! Listen to techno music!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home