Saturday, September 24, 2016

Multicultural Meals

Sep 20 to 23
Things have been going quite well so far. Geoff dropped me off at the Bus, on  Tuesday afternoon which took me right to the Calgary Airport. My flight was to leave at 6, I got to the airport at 3:30 so everything was lining up, flight got delayed for two hours and did not leave until 8. Minor inconvenience. Flight  itself was fine seatmate was a bit of a manspreader. It was very cool, when  we were approaching Gatwick, I must have seen  6 or 7 different planes in  the air, some at quite a distance others that seemed quite close, never seen so many at one time. Instructions on  how to find the flat were very good and I had no trouble at all. Met my landlady and settled in  quite comfortably. There is a little store a half a block away that has everything, so I stocked up on  a few things. Took a day to get over jetlag, and feeling that was a good thing to do. Friday Anne got here we visited for a bit and then took a walk around the neighborhood. We had some lunch at a Lebanese restaurant, visited a local graveyard, and then naptime for me. For supper we found a Thai restaurant. So nice to catch up with Anne and have some company to explore with. Today we are going out to Greenwich, look around there for the day, and then meeting Del at some point during the day and Japanese food for supper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Sounds great.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home