Sunday, August 14, 2016

He's a Beast

Theresa, Geoff, Allie, Will, and Judy were here over the August long weekend, Kris came after they left , then Allison has been here a week, and leaves today. Kris and her daughter Sydney arrive tomorrow.

I think Laura, Jim, and Jude will be here in the fall too, so the visiting will continue! We like company as we do things that we wouldn't normally do, unless there is visitors.

We are doing well-though so sorry to hear about Courtney's dad-so awful and sudden.

Work has been going well, there is an upcoming ACT conference in Niagara Falls-I've asked for the time to go, my boss said to put in for the registration costs too, but regardless, I'd like to go, as it looks so great. It seemed like over the late winter, early spring I was feeling stressed out etc. I'm not sure why-finishing up thesis I think, and having new psychiatrist on team at work. Now thesis is done, and I've adjusted to psychiatrist. I'm going to try dropping my effexor dose back down, let's see how that goes.

Mom  is feeling good since being off the warfarin-puttering around and doing more. She has been watching lots of Olympics and cheering. We all watched the men's trampoline, and agree that the colour commentator  was the best, 'I don't know if my heart can take it' 'he's a beast', 'there's a real trampoline family', 'for all you non-trampoline folk out there, this isn't your backyard trampoline'.   If another network did the Olympics, they would never get  as good as announcers as CBC. We should support them if only for that reason.

WE tried to go for a winery lunch, but again didn't make reservations, so couldn't get in. Quail's Gate, strike 2. Clearly we know we need to reserve now.  Haven't had trouble before, but I feel suspicious as there were lots of tables empty at Quail's gate. So we went to The Grand downtown's restaurant, which had best people watching. Lot's of abnormally puffy lips, stretched looking eyes, steroid use, cell phone business deals (buy low, sell high) and pink people. Food not as good as winery, but made up for it with people watching.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home