Friday, August 12, 2016

Not sure what to call this Post

The last couple of weeks have been pretty busy. Today I am sitting in the backyard, hoping the chainsaw from next door does not start again until I finish this post.

It has been a sad time, for part of it, with Court's dad dying so unexpectedly. Tim called last Tuesday with the news. I always feel shocked when I hear of the death of someone I know, even more so when they are around my age. We looked after the boys a few times, while Tim had to work, and Courtney was in Clive with her Mom, organizing things for the funeral. I looked after the boys when the funeral was on, so Theresa and Geoff could also attend.

Theresa and I were away on the weekend for Folk Fest. The two of us and Laura stayed at Grace's for the weekend. I sure will be sorry when Grace and Dallyn move, that is such a handy spot to be in, and not just for Folk Fest. This year we spent more time near the top of the hill for the Main Stage, can't be bothered to do the lottery for Thursday and Friday nights, and on Sunday morning Laura and I were tired so did not get up early for the lottery. Theresa, Grace, Dallyn and Brenda (friend of Grace's) did get up on Saturday and got a good spot for us further down. Geoff decided not to go this year, and Laura found a buyer for his ticket, hurray. On Sunday Laura spotted Terry Wickham (festival director) near us, so I went over to talk to him. Told him I had been coming to the festival for 30 years, and it never disappoints. I think he was a little surprised, probably people mostly complain when they talk to him.

I am planning on going to Kelowna at the end of August for a week or so, T&G are planning on a trip to Tofino then, so will hopefully get a ride there or back with them. Allison and I are planning on seeing The Book of Mormon in Edmonton, which I was going to tie in with a S&B but S&B got changed, so won't see them again until 2017, I think. Oh well I will make some medical appointments and a haircut for then, so that is done before I leave the country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home