Sunday, June 19, 2016

Many Celebrations

June. so far, has been a very good month for me. I spent the beginning of the month in Kelowna, even though I was sick for the whole time, it was enjoyable. Once I finished my antibiotics, I still was not feeling 100%, so I thought maybe there was also a viral component to illness.  Today I still have a little cough, but no sore throat and not too much of a stuffy nose. Mom was not feeling 100% either, so we made a fine pair.

In Edmonton for Allison's convocation was next. On the Wednesday we went to a restaurant called RgeRd for a celebration dinner. Because we were a large group, we were served family style. A choice of 3 appetizers, we could all share.  Then the main, a choice from the menu, and last but not least 4 different desserts, again served family style, so we each got a taste of each dessert. For the convocation the day, T&G picked us up and we took the train to the Jube. Allison was in the first group of people to receive their degrees, then as she walked across the stage, there was a whole bunch of librarians from various campus libraries at the side of the stage to hug her and say congrats, very touching and a total surprise to Allison. After convocation we went downtown to the Macdonald Hotel for drinks and appies. Then T&G left to go home, and Allison and I had naps at her place.

I left the next day for the Hat, on the Red Arrow. Had a nice visit with the cousins and F&C. On Saturday morning we went over to the park by the river and planted some trees, to help replace ones that were lost with the last flood. Fred, Hannah, Ramona and the girls. That was fun, but a bit mucky, as it rained. In the afternoon we went to see A&E in their dance recital they were pretty cute. On Sunday, we mostly hung around home, the MacNeil's, and F&C came over for supper, and we had birthday cake for me, watched the final hockey game for the season and the Tony awards. Monday morning Christine and I went to see Ramona in action at court, then for lunch with Raeann at the hotel she works at. Monday night I helped cook supper, and afterwards, Raeann, Hannah Leila and Sam came over for a short visit.

I left on Tuesday, and T&G picked me up in Red Deer. On Thursday night T&G took me out for supper to Cucina, a newer restaurant in town. It has an eclectic mix of food, combination of Korean, Italian and of course steaks. It was yummy.  Friday night we went to Tim and Court's for Thai food. Theresa made me a cake, I had fun playing with the boys and catching up with the younger Ferrey's. Grace and Dallyn came out this weekend to stay in the cabin so on Saturday T&G, Kane and Grady (they stayed here overnight Sat, as T&C went to a golf tournament) and I went out to the lake for supper.  Today Grace and Dallyn took T&G and me out for lunch. All in all a pretty satisfying few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home