Sunday, September 07, 2014

wine


We went to a winery for lunch today, then to art walk, where I bought a print and Jude bought a painting. It felt like an upper crust weekend!
Had a code orange at work at end of August, which is mass casualties, due to bus crash on the Coquihalla. I was late
leaving work that day, and thought oh dang. But didn't feel I could pretend I hadn't heard it. Jana is away, so I had to kind of organize etc. All went well. It was a group of people from USA, Canada, and China. We got 22 injured people at KGH none on our floor, but we had to help clear out emergency.
The staff all pitched in. Jana has been on vacation for 3weeks,so I am lookin forward to having her back, where I can give the running of things back to her.
Have been taking it easy this week and just visiting with Jude.
Laura (niece) and her boyfriend  James were here we did some hikes around here fintry,Bear Creek and the trestles. Drove them back to Vancouver, so they could catch their flight back to Ontario on the Monday.
Finally got my proposal into ethics. No doubt they will have a list of things they want changed, but at least it was submitted! Was waiting for a letter from a unit manager, supporting recruitment from her unit.
Looking forward to seeing T&G, and Al soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

It has been a lovely visit.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I am interested to see what kind of art was bought after a winery lunch.

9:39 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

A really nice day - kind of upscale, but not too

11:55 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Hic

5:21 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

art is always a great purchase!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

You can see it when you go to Kelowna, Allison , T&G are going to bring it home for me.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

it's a nice piece!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yes, it may not make it down to Jude's.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home