Thursday, August 21, 2014

One week

A week to go until retirement. I have been training people, a most tedious way to spend my time. I just want to be done. Also it feels as if everyone has already mentally said good-bye so when they see me it's, "Oh, are you still here?" As you predicted, Allison. I hang around the minimum amount of time I am needed and get out of there as fast as I can.

I feel I need a holiday. I didn't take time off this summer, thinking I would make it easier for people at work to get theirs in, and the weekends have been busy. If we weren't away or going to a wedding we had the boys for all or part of every weekend. Maybe the rest of my life will be a holiday.

Yesterday I left work early and lay around all afternoon reading. Quite nice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

September is your holiday! How long a road trip will you take?

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

the last few weeks are always turmoil. I was glad I had some holidays booked then went back for a last day. Enjoy your retirement!

7:54 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Getting really close - when will you folks hit the road?

8:39 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I can see pajama days coming your way shortly

10:22 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I realized that Dad retired when he was only 4 years older than I am now.how is that possible?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I bet you will not feel like you are retired for a while, just on holidays. Enjoy!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home