Thursday, August 07, 2014

Vacation

The rest of my trip to the island was good.  Will and I went to the beach one day, and watched all kinds of people learn how to surf.  On Sunday I went to church and met some of Will's parishioners, they all love him and are very happy he is there.  I stayed in Nanaimo for the last couple of nights, in a hotel with a great water view.  I poked around downtown, went to the museum, where there was an excellent display all about immigrants to Canada, produced by the Pier 21 museum.  When I got to Red Deer Court and the boys were there to meet me and take me home.

We had Grady on the long weekend, Court was at a ball tournament in Edson and Kane at his Dad's.  We had fun and Grady sure enjoyed eating saskatoons right from the tree.  On Monday, we had a little  birthday party for Kane, which was good.  He helped me make his cake, and had a slurp or two of the batter.

Tuesday morning I caught the bus and came to Edmonton.  I had coffee with my friend Polly, and caught up on all the IBM news, the stopped by the store to see Kay and Evelyn and got all their news.  Sam came over last night for supper at Grace and Dallyn's.  Heard a little about his trip.  This morning I went over to G&K for a visit with Uncle George.  Off to FF tonight with Laura and Grace and Dallyn, should be fun.


2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

When Kane was talking to Tim on Skype he said, "Timmy, you should come to Baba's."

6:23 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

You are a very busy retired lady!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home