Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday, Appropriately Named and water elfs

Beautiful day here yesterday and nicer today up to 26. The garden grew while I was gone, veggies coming along well. Flowers all blooming and lots of color, happy.

Wilf met me in Edmonton and we got caught up on everything, it was a good flight my seatmates not talkative.  Luggage arrived safe and sound. Pretty quiet in Edmonton, just saw Henry and Ally and Bob on the way out of town.  We did go to Ikea and bought some cabinets for the bathroom reno, RED!  It is going to look great.  A funny thing happened while we were there, a couple of young ladies were there with a young boy. He wasrunning away and one scooped him up right by us.  Then they left, and then they were back, the one said "Hi Laura", I looked at them there was something familiar about them but I could not place them. So the one said we are Noreens daughters from S and B. Floored me that they would remember me, we had a great little chat and I was introduced to both boys, very cute.  Small world for sure.
I had a super visit to BC, great visiting with all and I enjoyed the garden tour. The gardens were all beautiful but each different.  I had to tell you about the water elf we saw. At the second garden there was a pond with stepping stones. Mom decided to walk around and Lisa and I walked on the stones, I was first, behind me I heard a gasp and a splash I turn around and there among the water lilies was a elf aka Lisa up to her chest in pond.  You could almost see the event circulating around the garden, "someone fell in the pond".  Lisa dripped through the whole garden.  She was such a good sport about it.  She decided to dry naturally instead of gojng home to change, I am pretty sure she was the talk of the tour, I was not fast enough thinker to get a picture of her in the pond, but it will live in my memory.She had a hugh bruise and scrape on her leg.  she did seem to recover quite well otherwise.

4 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes,all's well that ends well

5:59 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

ha hahahahahaha!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Jude and I want to go on the garden tour next year.

5:00 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes! It is fun and generally not wet

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home