Saturday, June 21, 2014

A rainy Saturday morning

But it's supposed to clear up this afternoon. If so, good, will be out in the yard. If not, fine also, lots to do inside as well.

I have a sudden urge to get all bedrooms cleaned out. No more shrines to your childhoods, kids, we are going to get those rooms useful. I want to have them ready for visitors, which is all of you and your significant others now. And I want the sewing room set up for my space. I have not had a room I didn't have to share for 36 years. That is going to change.

We had a great weekend with the grandkids while Tim and Court went to San Francisco. It was very busy, good thing there were three of us. How did I do it with five kids? No idea. Anyway those boys are delightful. It sounds like T&C had a great time on their honeymoon. Their plane was late getting back and they had to get up at 5 on Monday to get Tim to the airport for his flight to Mexico so it was a rush Sunday night. He arrived safely but his luggage didn't so that was a hassle for him. I guess things are going ok there; he said it's going to be a long month till he comes back for a few days.

Once in a while at work I get a pang thinking I won't be there in the fall. Then I realize that I will be glad to be done. It has been many years since I have had more than one day to do whatever I want, or nothing. Am looking forward to free time.


5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Go Theresa, you sound motivated

2:02 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

You taught them to read young so they would entertain themselves as much as possible. Although that doesn't explain why you didn't get cable TV.

4:13 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You can come to kelowna and do our work! Since you're retired, you'll want some stuff to do.
I can also send you my thesis and have you proofread it, so you can keep your hand in the writing game.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would be up for that.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home