Thursday, June 05, 2014

I did it

I told them at work yesterday that I'm retiring at the end of the summer. Some people cried, I kind of teared  up too but I really feel that it is the right time for this. It is nice to hear from people that they don't want you to leave. One reporter told me that she thinks of me as the office sage. Well, I AM the second-oldest person there.

I did tell them that I would be glad to go in and cover for holidays so I won't lose touch with people. So many good people work there.

All recovered from the wedding and company afterwards. It was a good weekend, everything worked out the way it should have, and Tim and Court are married. They are off to San Francisco next weekend so we get the boys, which is always a good time. As soon as they get back, Tim goes to Mexico for the summer.

We had a good week with Will. He always seems to get sorting of stuff done when he is here and he organized the storage room so it is accessible, plus got me watching Dr. Who. Grace has been here all this week helping Jovita with wedding preparations so it has been good to visit with her too.

The yard is really looking good, some of the vegetables are up. We could use a few days of sun.


6 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Good for you - congratulations!!
How nice that you will be missed - a real ego boost

7:33 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Congrats on the retirement announcement! Have you watched any more episodes of the Doctor?

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your retirement! Do you have a date yet? What is Tim doing in Mexico?

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Congratulations! ENjoy your retirement! Have you got the date set yet? What is Tim doing in Mexico?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'm done at the end of August, thought I'd give lots of notice plus people can take their holidays. Tim will be working in Mexico for two months.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

How long did you work there.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home