Sunday, March 02, 2014

highlights

We sure enjoyed the trip to England.  Cornwall was great so was the wedding!  The Monday after  folks left we went to the pub for jazz night and a lager and lime. The second song that was played was Sunnyside of the Street, co incidence? I am not sure. Tim and I had quite a discussion about that song at the wedding. It is funny how things seem to happen.
We spent time at that pub almost every night and when we were leaving for the last time, the lady who worked there came over and gave us a hug and said how much they enjoyed meeting us.

We enjoyed London, although there are too many people crammed into the city. The first day we walked to the V&A across Hyde Park, about 25 minutes from our hotel. You could spend a whole week there and not see everything. But I enjoyed what I did see. That same day went to I knit, a woolstore where you can get a drink and knit. It is a cool, place with amazing wool check the place out iknit.org.uk.  a very nice lady entertained Wilf while I checked out the yarn. I have been researching what to do with the wool I bought on ravalry, might make a blanket out of it, not sure at this time.

I am always surprised at the kindness of strangers, twice on the tube a young man got up to give me his seat, very kind (although part of me thinks I am not that old). Also in Minneapolis one of those guys in a golf cart gave us a ride to our gate, where were they in San Francisco hey Mom?
The committments was extremely good, the music made us both want to dance. I was glad we choose that one.
I forgot to say how much I enjoyed Venton House, that was a gem of a find Judith.
Henry and Ally surprising us at the airport was great also, it is always great to be met, but a surprise makes it that much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home