Friday, February 28, 2014

Tunbridge Wells

I took the local bus from Brighton to Tunbridge Wells, along the Regency Route, and all readers of Regency Romances will recognize the names of these two places.  Yesterday morning when I got up. It was pouring rain, so I had a pajama morning, reading and drinking coffee. Then the sun came out, and it was beautiful.  I got dressed and had lunch at a place called Tiffin, lovely little cafe a five minute walk from the hotel.  I spent the day walking around the city, exploring some of the shops when it showered out.  I found a great second hand bookstore, books stacked everywhere, no room left on the shelves.  Off to Lewes today, there is a castle there, should be a good day.
The bottom picture is the sweets display at Tiffin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I am missing the green grass and daffodils. It's supposed to be -40 here tonight.

11:32 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Yummy!!

3:28 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Well we did have a snow shower, but it only lasted 5 minutes.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Those names Are familiar

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home